Stepping into the Darkness

"You must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness, then the light will appear and show you the way before you."

Monday, July 21, 2014


I'll admit it - I'm afraid of the dark.  I always have been.  I was in college before I slept without a night light and my bedroom door open. I still sleep with our bedroom door open and a night light in the bathroom.  So here we are, standing at the edge of the light waiting to see what direction to go. We don't know where we are going or what we will be doing.  Our house still hasn't sold.  Lot's of unknowns - we are in the dark.   It's hard for me.  I'm a little scared. Where do I turn when I'm afraid?  The scriptures.  There is always light there.  One of the first verses is in Genesis 1:3 - "And God said, let there be light".  Light, Brightness, Discernment, Spiritual, enlighten, Example, God, Jesus Christ, Lamp, Shine, Truth - these are words listed under "light" in the topical guide of my scriptures.  So I go through them, reading about "light".  Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation ; whom shall I fear?  the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"  Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."  Isaiah is full of verses about light - 60:1 "Arise, shine; for thy light is come. . . "  I could spend the day reading about light, but these verses are enough for today.  "Let there be light" - God gave us light, He did not want us to dwell in darkness on this earth, so the sun shines and I am warmed by it.  "The Lord is my light, . . . whom shall I fear?"  He is my light and I don't have a reason to fear.  Do I really believe that?  YES!!  I feel the fear leaving, replaced with comfort, love, and reassurance.  He is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. And now, I know what to do.  "Arise, shine, for thy light is come!"  How grateful I am for light!  I feel it warming my soul, replacing the fear.  Do I know what is ahead, No.  But I am reminded that I am at the edge of the light, one step at a time into that light.  I can do that.  And so can you.







No comments:

Post a Comment