Stepping into the Darkness

"You must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness, then the light will appear and show you the way before you."

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Light Bulb Moment:



Last month I had one of those "light bulb" experiences.  You know the ones - when all of a sudden you get it - that little bit of understanding that lights up a corner of the dark.  Once of our grandsons was baptized.  It was wonderful and we were grateful to be present.  The week-end also included a lot of extended family activities.  One of them was visiting a local straw maze. after all we are in Idaho!  The kids had a ball - we all did.  But as we were leaving my leg was bothering me - hurting and cramping.  I figured it was because I had been climbing around on the straw bales acting like I was younger than I am.  By the time we were at our next destination of the day - dinner out with about 25 or so of the family, I could barely  walk and couldn't bend my leg at all and it HURT. After getting home and settled, I asked my son and son-in-law to give me a blessing. I was really concerned that maybe I had done some damage to be leg/knee.  My son gave me a comforting blessing regarding my leg and the pain and then paused.  (those pauses always get your attention).  He then said that I needed to remember that our Father in Heaven is in charge.  I woke the next morning with less pain and by the next morning I was walking normally with no pain.

Now the rest of the story.  Our house still had not sold - no offers - I was worried, concerned and beginning to wonder how and when this particular darkness was going to resolve into light.  We received an offer a day or two later. It was a good one.  But then after a home inspection, they pulled their offer.  I was reminded again of that blessing - Heavenly Father is in charge!  He knows our needs, our abilities and sees "the big picture."  I wondered about the pain in my leg and that blessing . . . did that happen so I could be reminded who was in charge?   I think maybe "yes".  I needed that reminder, and it helped my not worry and fret so much about the house, after all my Father was in charge and knew what was best.

We have the sold the house and are just waiting to close - but that is another story for another day.
                                                                                                              - Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment